The royal wedding may be over, but wedding season is just getting started! For most of us, that means it’s time to be on the lookout for the perfect gift — something personal but useful, high-quality but not bank-account-emptying.
Whether you’re looking for a little off-registry inspiration or hoping to build your own, we’ve pulled together 10 of our favorite options for gorgeous home goods and practical presents. Bonus: your gifts won’t just be good, they’ll do good, too!
1. You really can’t go wrong with anything from Canvas Home; they’ve got lovely dinnerware, linens, and more. We think their gorgeous, dip-dyed vases strike just the right note of “useful, but not necessarily something they’d get for themselves.”
2. Who doesn’t love a good bowl? Filled with fruit, bread, or just as an object on its own, the cheerful woven bowls from Kazi Goods are handmade by artisans in Rwanda — each design is informed by their tradition and culture.
3. Finding gifts on Ames and Oates is a breeze — it’s what they do! Founded in 2015, their mission is all about connecting people and building relationships, and they go the extra mile to prove it: all of their gifts come hand-wrapped and include a handwritten note, too.
4. From vintage saucepans to linen sheets, the stylish home goods from Merci are as eye-catching as they are necessary. The Parisian shop is known for selling items from up-and-coming talent right alongside more renowned names and is passionate about supporting young designers.
6. The colorful glass straws from Simply Straws are just that…simple! Which is exactly why we love them so much, along with their custom mason jars, travel pouches, and more. They’re a stylish and easy alternative to wasteful plastic products, and they’re affordable to boot.
7. Fresh, cold, clean water; what’s not to love? The pitchers and filters from Soma are as functional as they are beautiful. Made of shatterproof BPA-free plastic and with stylish, minimalist design touches, these are must for any eco-conscious home.
8. Whether the husband- and wife-to-be are art lovers, cooks, gadget geeks, or have green thumbs, UncommonGoods is uncommonly good at finding the perfect gifts to satisfy any niche passion or hobby.
9. Want to help the lovebirds enjoy their honeymoon in style? Try gifting a travel bag (or two!) from Sword & Plough, which makes all of their products from military surplus and donates 10% of their profits to veteran non-profits.
10. If the special couple has a special pooch, think about getting them one of the amazing dog beds from Orvis. They come in all shapes and sizes, for dogs big and small, young and old — if they don’t thank you, their pup sure will!